Leisures & Activities – South of France, Mediterranean Sea
Welcome to our holiday residence the Domaine de Bacchus in Saint-Christol, in the very heart of the Languedoc-Roussillon region ! This holiday resort is offering a large range of leisures and activities in the surroundings, as well as a renowned wine cultural heritage & beautiful beaches, by the Mediterranean Sea…
Enjoy your getaway in the Herault region, in Saint Christol village. Take a break on the edge of the resort swimming pool and enjoy a great range of various activities offered and organised by our staff !
- Free Kids-Club (July & August) : with our trained and certified kids animators, different activities are offered : manual, outdoor, sportive and many more… From 5 to 11 years old from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 5pmevery monday, tuesday, thursday and friday.
- Animations (July & August) : Pic-Nic on Wednesday, on Tuesday morning, visit of Saint Christol village and vineyard, and in the evening, mini outdoor food market with testing, on Thursday evening, discovery of ta Bull farm. Every morning, come and enjoy the aqua-relaxing sessions.
Free/ Included in the Price :
- Outdoor swimming pool with bubble bath (opened from May to September from 9am to 7:30pm depending on the weather forecast)
- Petanque Playground
- Kids playground areas
- Kids club (from 5 to 12 years old) openned during July and August as well as during summer holidays (July and August)
- Wine discovery and testing
Extra Fees :
- Our fitness and wellness centre, with sporting equipments, as well as a sauna and hammam area
Saint-Christol Village :
Between the Cévennes and the Mediterranean sea, Saint-Christol is a picturesque village in the South of France, located just nearby Montpellier, on “Saint-Jacques de Compostelle” pilgrim route, with a cultural heritage balanced between Wines and traditions around bulls… Come and discover its Castle, its Stadium and its modern Wine Center: Viavino.
To visit in the Lunel region:
The Lunel region offers a rich cultural and historical heritage, especially regarding vineyards and wines. Come and discover numerous roman churches in the surrounding areas, the ramparts of Boisseron, the typical “Capitelles” (ancient small houses made of stones), the Pénitents chapel, the Castle of Marsillargues…
- The Lunel region is composed of 15 typical villages of the Camargue area; Boisseron, Campagne, Galargues, Garrigues, Lunel, Lunel-Viel, Marsillargues, Saint-Christol, Saint-Just, Saint-Nazaire de Pézan, Saint-Sériès, Saturargues, Saussines, Vérargues, Villetelle
- Discover climbing on the two major Climbing Sites in the surroundings: The Limestone Quarries of Boisseron and The Via Ferrata of la Roque-de-Saint-Sériès
- Visit the numerous Natural Parks : « Les Sens des Cinq Continents » Park in Marsillarges, « La pépinière l’Arc en Fleurs » Park in Saint-Christol, The « Arboretum » (Tree Park) in Lunel , The Orangerie Park in Lunel Viel.
- Enjoy the pleasures of hiking, horse riding of bike riding at the very heart of the nature (discover the 7 biking trails, starting from Lunel, Saint-Christol and Marsillargues villages)
- Treat yourself to a cutural getaway with: the Ménard Museum, The tour des prisons Museum in Lunel and the Museum of Paul Pastre.
- Experience the Roman period with the archeology visit of the Gallo-Romain site of Ambrussum at Villetelle city.
- Discover the various traditoinnal skills and knowledges of local artisans and artists of the region: potter, violin maker, painter, sculptor…
Discover in the resort and Saint-Christol village surroundings, the Languedoc region and the occitan country ! This part of France has an important cultural and historical heritage that we absolutely recommend you to discover during your stay ! Numerous surroundings villages are ranked among the most beautiful villages in France, as well as gardens and parks to enjoy the botanical beauty of the region… And do not forget the 116 Castles of the region !
You can also enjoy the great range of attraction and animation parks of the region, as well as the various beaches and the sun of this south region of France !
- The sweets Haribo museum at 50 minutes from the resort
- The Cirque de Navacelles place at 1h30 from the resort
- The Pic St Loup at 40 minutes from the resort
- The archeology site in Ambrussum
- The Saint-Adrien Garden
- Grottes & Caves: Grotte of Clamouse, Grotte of the Demoiselles at 50 minutes from the resort
- The Fabre Museum
- The Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert Abbaye
- Cities and villages : Monptellier, Nîmes, Lunel…
- The Salagou Lake
- The Devil bridge
The “Fabre” musuem, The Mogère Gaston de Saporta Castle, The Montferrand Castle … In the Herault region, Castles and Religious Places are an important part of the historical and cultural heritage. You will also find many Museums to entertain everybody and learn more about the surroundings of the Domaine de Bacchus! Hereby a great selection of places we recommend:
During the summer come and relax on our beautiful fine sand beaches on the Mediterranean coast !
- The Couchant beach, in La Grande Motte (at 25 km from the resort)
- The Palavas les Flots beach (at 35 km from the resort)
- The Grand
Travers & the Petit Travers beaches, in La Grande-Motte (at 30 km from the resort)
- The Espiguette beach, in Le Grau-du-Roi (at 35 km from the resort)
Come and discover the local gastronomy, in our multiple restaurants, outdoor food markets, and local farms of the surrounding areas !
- Hereby some Languedoc region food specialities to absolutely discover during your stay : Tielle of Sète, the ” Petits patés de Pézenas “, marrons, olives, safran, the Pélardon cheese, the Rosemary honey, the Jaur Valley cherries, The Telline (seafood), the watermelon, the oyster from Bouzigues, the truffle, the Noilly Prat, the muscat wine and so much more…
- Enjoy a walk to the multiple Outdoor Food Markets in the region: the Cours Gabriel Péri Halls in Lunel, the traditionnels outdoor markets of Lunel, Massillargues and Saint Just villages
- Experience the Wine Heritage with all the famous vinayeard such as: Cabernet-sauvignon, Carignan, Cinsault, Merlot, Mourvèdre, Syrah, Grenache noir & blanc, Muscat, Bourboulenc, Clairette, Mauza, Picpoul… Start your wine discovery to the Wine Centre ” Viavino”, with its different tasting sessions, and visit the different vineyards domains of the region !
- Discover the Olive product, its oils and other craft products, part of the cultural heritage of the herault region : the Oulivie domain, the Lo Moulinet place and many more…
The Domaine de Bacchus resort as a unique location, allowing you to enjoy sea activities as well as the countryside or the mountains with its lakes and rivers ! Hereby recommended activities to enjoy during your stay :
- Sea: Stand-up paddle, scuba diving, wind board, kitesurf, fishing…
- Lakes & Rivers: Canoë, Kayak, Paddle boat…
- Montains & Countryside: Biking and Hiking trail (The Regional Nature Park of the Haut Languedoc ) horseriding, accrobranche…